We’re always looking for good people.
Not just talented people, but good human beings who share our values, our sense of humor, and our desire to have a life beyond the office. Is that you? Send a resume, along with a paragraph telling us why you think MGH should be your home away from home.
Public Relations Internship
MGH, a full-service marketing communications agency recognized as one of Ad Age’s 2019 and 2020 Best Places to Work, is currently accepting applications for Public Relations interns for Spring 2020. Please submit your resume, cover letter and a writing sample for consideration.
The public relations intern will be responsible for general public relations duties as assigned, including:
- Research for existing clients and new business prospects
- Build and maintain media lists for a variety of clients
- Create digital news clip files
- Assist in the creation, distribution and follow-up of news materials, including press releases, calendar listings, media advisories and fact sheets
- Assist with compiling media kits, mailers and various other client items
- Miscellaneous writing and proofreading assignments
- Various administrative duties, including copying, faxing and scanning
- Depending on client needs, there may be an opportunity to assist with event planning and provide on-site media relations assistance
- Occasional support to other MGH departments, as needed
- Junior or senior college student with a focused interest in public relations
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize numerous projects, meet tight deadlines and take initiative in problem solving
- Flexibility in dealing with new projects/situations when presented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Familiarity with media contacts database, such as Cision, a plus
College credit only
MGH Public Relations
100 Painters Mill Rd., Suite 600
Owings Mills, Md. 21117
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to internship coordinator Gaby Tancona at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your interest in MGH, an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Media Buying Assistant
MGH, a full-service marketing communications agency recognized as one of Ad Age’s 2019 and 2020 Best Places to Work, is seeking an entry-level Media Assistant to support our media team. The selected candidate will assist in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of traditional media accounts and is expected to learn the company’s media procedures and processes as well as bring fresh ideas and insights to the department. What You’ll Do:
- Work under the supervision of Media Buyers to learn the process of buying media (radio, television, cable, OTT)
- Build and maintain relationships with sales representatives via phone, email, and in person
- Contact sales representatives for rates and assist in requesting proposals
- Assist in organizing and negotiating proposed elements from reps
- Prepare station orders for client campaigns
- Reconcile media invoices
- Evaluate websites for agency clients
- Keeping current with market research and industry trends
- Interest in learning and mastering current position while having the desire and skills to advance into a media buying role
- Ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information by asking a lot of questions
- Self-confident and assertive – not timid during tense negotiations
- Take initiative and active interest in media buying and the industry
- Detail oriented and the ability to multitask
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to constant change and think on feet
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Desire to work in a team setting and in a support role
- Ability to create common or casual conversation with vendors
- Willing to go above and beyond current role and responsibilities as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous internship experience in a related field will be considered a plus
Associate Media Buyer
MGH, a full-service marketing communications agency recognized as one of Ad Age’s 2019 and 2020 Best Places to Work, is currently seeking a talented broadcast associate media buyer with a minimum of 4 years of experience to join our team. Working remotely is a possibility for this role. What You’ll Do:
- Interact with station reps and develop productive relationships
- Negotiate and place media buys/schedules
- Develop a working knowledge of client’s goals, guidelines and strategies
- Generate broadcast orders for distribution to the radio, cable and TV stations
- Revise/maintain all schedules as needed with make-goods and upgrades
- Produce monthly and weekly media recaps and highlights to share with client
- Promptly approve all media invoices and settle billing discrepancies with media vendors and accounting
- Alert team of special media opportunities
- Stay current with all research data
- Reputation as tough, assertive, and fair negotiator
- Minimum of 4 years of broadcast buying experience
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to understand and use all current media hardware/software programs – knowledge of Strata is a plus.
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of an integrated team
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Flexibility to evolve to new processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Communications
Memorable MGH Moments
"Serving as the 'commissioner' of the MGH Bowling League for five years remains a great memory. I still have all the stat sheets from 2007-11 in my files, which says more about my need to apply Marie Kondo's teachings here at work than anything else."
"The welcoming atmosphere of MGH. Are we sure this is an ad agency?"
“The surprise 'Choose Your Own Adventure Bar Crawl' the social team threw for me for my 10-year anniversary. I'd say the ADDYs at the Baltimore Museum of Industry, and the agency-wide “Around the World Happy Hour" are both at the top of my list, too."
"All the time we spend bonding over food (and drinks!)"